Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day VI - Getting some much needed rest and then a short scooter tour

After my day at the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, I was wiped out. So I decided to stay in, have a late lunch in the house and then, Damiano, my host offered to take me on a short scooter tour for gelato and to see the nearby Appia Antica. This is one of the oldest roads in roam. It spans for hundreds of miles to the south. It was an important means of transportation for armies, travelers and importers. There are also elaborate and beautiful estates up there, a quiet haven for the famous and wealthy. On the cobblestone path there are joggers, bikers, strollers...everyone. There is even a quaint little place to grab a beer or a glass of wine and enjoy the beauty of it all.


 
 





 



 



 
 


 
 
 
























 
 
 
That's all for today.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment